Congratulations, Laqesha!

Huge congratulations to our very own Laqesha, the winner of the “Show Racism the Red Card” writing competition. Her amazing poem fighting against injustice was read and loved by a panel of judges who chose her as the winner from Years 1 – 4.

We are very proud of her at Devonshire Road and can’t wait to see her attend the competition ceremony in the future!

7 thoughts on “Congratulations, Laqesha!”

1. Very well deserved Laqesha! I am extremely proud, hope you are too! You wrote a really moving poem. I’m glad the judges liked it as much as we did!

Reply
  2. Thank you,Mrs Ingram!I can’t wait to see you attend the ceremony!Ill be more than happy!Also,thank you so much for improving my learning overtime!This is the only reason why I won!

Reply
  3. I can’t wait to go to the ceremony either, Laqesha! So super proud of you. You are an extremely talented writer and we are very lucky to have you in our school and in my class.
    Keep going with your writing!

Reply
  4. I think your really talented to laqesha I’m so proud and congratulations Mrs Ingram is right we are so lucky to have you in this school a big clap for u.

Reply