Newspaper reports and building towers!

Hi, everyone!

Here are some of our absolutely fabulous newspaper reports sent in last week. 4I were challenged to imagine that they discovered something incredible while digging in their garden. This is what they found…

We also had a D&T challenge to build a tower. It had to be as tall as possible but free-standing, made from any materials at all. Here are some of the children’s towers!

Well done for another week of amazing resilience and fantastic work, 4I. I’m so proud of you all!

– Mrs Ingram

9 thoughts on “Newspaper reports and building towers!”

1. What a superb demonstration of writing skills! I love that thereโ€™s so much detail, and the punctuation that has been used is fantastic! Keep up your hard work year 4

Reply
  2. These are great 4I, I’ve loved reading your newspapers. You’ve included some excellent vocabulary as well as key information and features. Your towers are also fab. I really liked how different they all are.

Mrs Abraham

Reply
  3. So imaginative! It looks like the newspaper reports must have taken you a long time to do – well done for preserving. I know writing can sometimes be tricky.

Reply
  4. Well done 4I – it looks like you’ve needed to make sure your thinking caps are tightly secure this week! Did any of you actually dig a hole in your garden…? ๐Ÿ˜€

Miss Davidson

Reply
  5. Wow Year 4I, What wonderful newspaper reports, I think you make great journalists.

I was very impressed with the towers too. Keep challenging yourselves!

Mrs Ali

Reply
  6. You towers look brilliant! My class did a similar task last week, and it’s great to see so many original designs and using some creative thinking!

Reply