14 thoughts on “Freedom Is In Peril”

1. As my trembling legs carried me through the school gates, other pupils started staring at me and Cliff, they started saying mean things like: It’s not the Germans that are invading us, it’s the Londoners! I grabbed Cliff’s hand and reluctantly went into the classroom. As soon as me and Cliff entered the room, he ran over to an empty chair and sat down, the teacher told me to sit down next to Esther, it was nightmare! Glancing around the room i spotted the chair next to Esther and I hesitantly sat down. Mr. Barrowman told me to pour the ink into the pots on everybody’s desks. Suddenly, we heard a loud noise and the ground shook and I fell to the ground. It was a bomb…

Reply
  2. The front of the school was really backed up because of all of the children there. As I reluctantly came to the tiny school , my eyes scanned for a familiar face. “What are you doing here?” called out a voice. It was Eshter. She was calling out from behind the mountains of children. As quick as a flash, Mr Barrowman rang the bell. Time to meet the lessons. I wonder what’s going to happen? It was about 11:30 when we heard, “silence!”. “Quick sit down”, Miss Carter said. So like a cheater I sat down.

Reply
  3. As I walked into the schools bustling play ground, I could see habitual students playing football and new comers hiding inconspicuously in the corner. An abundance of incompetent kids came up to me and jeered at me , made fun of my uniform and my Hebrew accent . I was about to give them the punishment they deserved but they were saved by the bell . “You wont get away with this next time !” I shouted resoundingly as the children left to class. While we were all walking to our lessons, I could see Mrs Carter talking to the kid that was staying at Queenies house until I came . When I finally got to my seat I saw that she was coming to the desk next to me when she sat down at that place I knew that this would be a long year.

Reply
  4. As i walked to the classroom with Cliff, My eyes scanned the room for a familiar face. Inside was an abundance of children writing rapidly. Before i blinked, I was a seat next to Esther! Walking hesitantly, I nervously sat down thinking she would do something to me or Cliff. Then, Esther said to Cliff, “are you good at maths?” “No.” Replied Cliff.

Reply
  5. As I walked into the school, I saw a lot of children running making games up and then there was a group of new comers all gathered in a corner. The playground was massive; there weren’t as much games as there was at my old school and the children were a lot taller. Then I saw a group of children walk over to me “Oh look its one from London, my dad told me that it wasn’t Germany who invaded it was London ha!”Then in the corner of my eye, I slowly saw Esther Jenkin’s walk into the playground then a argument started with Esther and the people who made fun of me. As I walked into class, I saw Mr Barrowman and he was our teacher. Five minutes later, a bomb hit us and Esther’s chair was shrouded in ink. The ringing in my ear was perpetual. Will this ever end?

Reply
  6. The fist thing I thought about, when I got to the school, was: looking at the different evacuees; the different teasing pupils and different aged children. Hesitantly, I looked around for familiar faces. In the peculiarly odd school I thought about the things that could go right. As I got into the classroom I saw the familiar face of Ester. “Hey how much math do you know?” I heard Ester say to me. Boom. Crash. Was the only thing I would be able to recall a long while later. Mr Barrowman had sent everyone back to work again EVEN after the bomb.

Reply
  7. I reluctantly entered the school grounds with children confidently playing football in the play ground, whilst the others had tears down their face. Searching for a familiar face
    I saw Esther with a couple of other children me and Cliff headed over. A few minutes later it was time to go into the classroom, it was time to meet the teacher. There was one chair left to sit on,” Go sit next to that girl over there. ” I walked over . It was Esther. I thought to
    myself, do I have to sit next to her. Suddenly I could hear a lane nearby , i think it was the Germans

Reply
  8. Today I started a new school , a wave of nerves rushed over my body as I slowly entered the playground. Minutes later, a group of boys ambled over to me and started making fun of my uniform and my accent . I was a stiff statue. I finally walked into the class room, so we could start our lesson . I met a kind teacher her name was Miss Carter and she said “I’ve heard about you and Esther so maybe you should start over , go and sit next to her .”Half an hour later, i was told that i had to be the ink monitor ,which is as bad as being the teachers pet. Suddenly, a huge bomb hit the school and i spilt the ink all over Esther.

Reply
  9. It was the first day of our new school. As my feet dragged me across the floor ,I stopped. There it was the titchy school. I held my brothers hand and squeezed it . He was looking excited. “Look there is the girl. That girl sounds foreign . Look at what she is wearing.”
    I wanted to say something back to them . All of a sudden, the bell rang for school. We all hurried and hung our gas masks and coats inside the tiny school. It was time to sit down, time to meet new people (which scared me badly). As I walked passed, it was 12:30. Mrs Carter said I should sit next to Esther because there was a spare seat left. Mr Barrowman looked at me and told me to give everyone ink. Suddenly, I heard a loud noise. A-A-A bomb. BOOM! The bomb landed and then I fell. The loud noise felt perpetual. Ink went everywhere , all over Esther and blamed me for the ink.

Reply
  10. Reluctantly, I walked into the building with Cliff, my eyes scanned for a familiar face, there was an abundance of hard working children who were writing rapidly.
    hesitantly I walked over to a seat next to Ester because Mr. Carter told me to, frightened thinking something might happen I looked away from Esther.
    “Can you do maths?” Ester asked curiously
    “Not really” I said quietly
    On the floor i got up to see Esther glaring at me.

Reply
  11. As I went to school dragging my feet to my class room, I crab Cliff nervously. Enter the room Miss carter said to me sit next to Esther. I was in shock but I still did not mind that much. Then she asked are you good at math i said not the that much . MR. Barman said to me to had the ink but I know I am going to spill it . Then i herd a noise and a bomb came we all fell down .

Reply
  12. When l joined my new school l was so anxious. It was full of people. Mostly I was worried about Cliff at least he made some friends. I wish I was still in my old school with my friends walking pass the gate together; instead I had to be evacuated. As I turned around I saw this boy laughing so I got Cliffs hand and went somewhere else. As I entered the room Miss
    Carter told me to try and be friends with Esther so she said to I go and sit next to here. As I went to sit next to her she asked ” if I was good at maths . So I said ” I am a little bit good at maths. As Mr Barrowman told me to be the ink monitor .As I went around i herad the air craft so i got that felling that i was going to fall so i fell. After i went to see if Cliff was okay. After i reconized I let the ink fall near Esther.

Reply
  13. As I reluctantly walk into the small school, my I eyes scanned the room to find someone familiar. Minutes later, I was already getting mocked, about my uniform and where I lived. As the class was getting their ink I could hear some inpatient people in the back of the class room complaining that they didn’t got their ink yet. I was force to sit next Ester, but I was surprise the she wasn’t mad she just said “Are you good at maths?” As i was writing suddenly I could hear Ester scream “Im bleeding!” But i could see the colour through her hands it wasn’t red it was blue everyone was laughing it was ink as she get up she gave me a deadly look and said “Not funny!” I could hear something as everyone looked outside everyone new it was the Germans planes . When will this end?

Reply
  14. I went through the school gate nervously (as it was the first day of school)and I was shaking ; I still moved on through the door .
    As soon as I walked inside the school I realised how small it looked from the inside and how many evacuees could fit in the classroom. cautiously, I looked in the classroom to see if I could see a familiar face and surprisingly I did . It was Esther . From the back of the class, I got the ink bottle that Mr Barrowman told me to get .
    As I picked up the ink pot I knew I was going to drop it because I wasn’t good at it ; I still did it.
    Suddenly, a bomb made me loose my balance and I fell straight down onto the floor and ink went everywhere.
    “I’m bleeding !” Esther screamed.
    What had I done to her?
    But Mr Barrowman didn’t seem to care that much he was as strict as a war leader.
    5 minuets later we had to get up and carry on doing our work as if nothing had happened.

Reply